Sunday, March 26, 2017

How Far I'll Go


"How Far I'll Go"

ALESSIA CARA from Moana


E  B  E  B  E  B  E  E  C#  F#  C#

I've been staring at the edge of the water
F#  C#  F#  E  F#  G#  G#  G#  G#  G#  F#  E   D#  C

Long as I can remember, never really knowing why
E  B  E  B  E  B  E  C#  F#  C#

I wish I could be the perfect daughter
F#  E  F#  F#  E  F#  G#  G#  E  G#  G#  G#  E  E

But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try


C#  B  C#  E  E  C#  B  C#  E  E

Every turn I take, every trail I track
C#  B  C#  F#  F#  C#  B  C#  F#  F#

Every path I make, every road leads back
E  E  E  G#  G#  E  E  E  G#  G#

To the place I know, where I cannot go
F#  G#  A  E  C

Where I long to be

E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  B  F#

See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me
E  B  C#  G#  F#  E  B  C#  G#  F#

And no one knows, how far it goes
E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  E  B  F#  G#  F#

If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
E  B  C#  G#  F# E  F#  A  E  E  C  C  B  B  E  E 

One day I'll know, if I go there's just no telling how far I'll go
E  F#  G#  B  G#  F#  E  C#  E  F#  G#  B  F#
Oh oh oh, oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh
E  F#  G#  B  G#  F#  E  C#  E  F#  G#  B  E

Oh oh oh, oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh

E  B  E  B  E  B  E  C#  F#  C#  F#  C#  F#  E  F# E  G#  G#

I know, everybody on this island seems so happy on this island

F#  G#  G#  G#  E  F#  G#  F#  E

Everything is by design
E  B  E  C#  E  C#  E  C#  F#  C#  F#  C#  F#  E  F#  G#  G#  A  G#

I know, everybody on this island has a role on this island
E  G#  G#  G#  G#  G#  E  F#  G#  F#  E

So maybe I can roll with mine

C#  B  C#  E  E  C#  B  C#  E  E

I can lead with pride, I can make us strong
C#  B  B  G#  F#  C#  B  C#  F#  F#

I'll be satisfied if I play along
E  C#  E  G#  G#  E  C#  E  G#  G#

But the voice inside sings a different song
F#  G#  A  B  C  A  B  A

What is wrong with me?

B  A  G#  E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  B  F#  G#  F#

See the light as it shines on the sea? It's blinding
E  B  C#  G#  F#  E  B  C#  G#  A  G#  F#

But no one knows, how deep it goes
E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  F#  G#  E  E  B  F#  G#  F#

And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me
E  B  C#  G#  F#  E  F#  G#  E  E  E  F#  G#  E  E

And let me know, what's beyond that line, will I cross that line?

F  G  A  F  G  A  F  G  A  F  C  G

See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me
F  C  D  A  G  F  C  D  A  A#  A  G  F  

And no one knows, how far it goes
F  G  A  F  G  A  F  G  A  F  F  C  G  A  G

If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
F  C  D  A  G  C  C  C  C#  C  A#

One day I'll know, how far I'll go 

C  A  G  F  E  D  C

Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment